Carla's Life~Random Thoughts~Crafting

My adventures in knitting looms, knitting with needles,crafting and the sanity of single parenting and raising my boys!

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Lucky Hat




Luck Hat
My lucky leprechaun hat is coming along nicely. It is being done for my nephews birthday to wear on the 17th. I started out with a long tube hat on the green loom, however I couldn't figure out how to make it stand up. I then stuffed it with poly fill and then it just fell over. So, I tucked in the middle part of the hat, and ta da, the center can double as a pot(as in a pot of gold). I then added some pimpin crochet trim on the brim for the edge. hahahhehehe I think it is still missing something,maybe some gold coins flowing out the top, four leaf clovers? hmm...not sure yet!


YARN ACQUISITION SYNDROME

I read this post on a yahoo group that I am on, thought some of you may enjoy it. . I love it and can relate, now I dont' feel so alone!!!!!!!!!!!



"It has been formally diagnosed as "yas" or yarn acquisition syndrome,
there is a similar syndrome that is related to material, aka mas, or
material acquisition syndrome. I have actually seen a list of the 'true'
signs and symptoms and will pass along when I relocate them. (yep, I
am a nurse) When going shopping and coming home with the items that
magically appear on the 'list in your head' and trying to sneak in a bag
and stash it somewhere, so as not to be detected... Heart palpitations
when seeing a new 'find in yarn,' albeit color blend, brand, and all
the better to get it when it is on sale!!!! (but honey, look how much I
saved you since it was on sale... ( I am divorced now and it's finally
nice to not have to explain away an errant bag that finds its way into
the house... Who can honestly raise one's had and admit (confess) that
you have probably enough to knit/crochet an afghan, or scarf, and even
a hat that would fit the globe of the world, then have enough fringe to
tail to Pluto...it's a fever, and is been related to shopaholic
syndrome...."

4 Comments:

  • At 1:59 AM, Blogger Isela said…

    That hat rocks!! I really like it. It is a unique creation in Loom Knitting ;)
    isela

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Isela said…

    Hi Carla,
    I was wondering if I could put the picture of you hat on the DA group's homepage for the month :).

    Thanks bunches,

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Carla said…

    Sure, I would be honored!

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Crystal Kini said…

    I love the hat Carla... Thanks for the compliments on my blog! I hope you have fun with your wool! Can't wait to see what you make!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home