Carla's Life~Random Thoughts~Crafting

My adventures in knitting looms, knitting with needles,crafting and the sanity of single parenting and raising my boys!

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

New Hat & Gift for Sister




I made a new hat yesterday like the one I saw on Sara's blog. Didn't quite come out the same but I think I still like it. I added one of the loopy flowers on it that I found instructions for on the knifty knitters group on Yahoo. I have also been thinking about my sister a lot and decided to make her a new scarf. I hope to get it in the mail tomorrow. I spoke with her over the weekend and we both seemed to blow our diets on Missouri cookies. I know you are thinking what kind of cookies are they? Well, they are a great no bake chocolate and oatmeal cookie that our Mom use to make. Can you believe it, we both made them the same day? Weird, we live in differnet states and I probably haven't made them in over 6 months or longer! Some kind of ESP going on !!heheheh Sisters forever...........

1 Comments:

  • At 2:30 AM, Blogger american girl in italy said…

    I think that hat with the flower is SO cute. I want to make a flower now. I saw the pattern but didn't understand what it was suppoosed to look like. NOW I know! :OD

    If you are talking about me, Sara, and my ornage hat, I used a knit,purl, knit purl for the band part - it made a nice edge, and stretchy band. You k,p all the way around and knit the knits, purl the purls. The top part was normal e-stitch, with the poopcorns. I used two strands of yarn for the project.

    I am so happy with my pink!

    My mom's basement was flooding, she is Seattle, eastside area. Lukily she got the problem fixed, but her yard is a big water pit I guess.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home