Carla's Life~Random Thoughts~Crafting

My adventures in knitting looms, knitting with needles,crafting and the sanity of single parenting and raising my boys!

Monday, February 20, 2006

Went shopping~Again~



Went shopping during lunch yesterday with Alicia and again after work. I bought the "Learn to Crochet" book at Michaels with my 50% off coupon at Michaels. I wanted this because of the needles and I needed some more lessons on crochet. My mom taught me how years ago when I was pregnant with Connor but I never learned how to read a pattern. Now, Mom would and could crochet anything! She made tons of beautiful doilies in the thin cotton yarn and she even made all my wedding favors. They were adorable. Thin little Victorian baskets that were starched and then filled with Almonds. They were beautiful. Mom doesn't do much of that anymore because her hands bother her, but I did get her the KK set for Christmas. She hasn't started using them yet, I will probably have to fly to CA to get her started on them! I picked up two skein of Homespun in shades soft brown for another poncho for me and the pink yarn is for Taylor. I am going to make her a poncho and maybe a little purse? Oh, I also picked up the green and black for the St. Patty's Hat. I am going to get started on that tomorrow. Oh, did I mention I ordered some tiny hoops online? I ordered the mitten loom and the In the Attic Loom pattern book. I hope I find some great things in it, and secretely hoping I can make socks on the mitten loom. Okay, gotta get some sleep. I have a big day of looming tomorrow!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger american girl in italy said…

    hi - My husband did it for me (the top of my blog) I have no idea what he did. It took forever though... hahah Sorry!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home