Carla's Life~Random Thoughts~Crafting

My adventures in knitting looms, knitting with needles,crafting and the sanity of single parenting and raising my boys!

Monday, June 12, 2006

W.I.P.'S





My WIPS as promised. The cute hats and booties done for a gift. The little hats were made on the KK blue loom and the booties were crocheted from a free pattern here
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/

Next I have the brown and blue bag that needs to be felted and the cranberry/brown bag on the yellow loom. Not quite finished yet. Also, the EFG with barely a few rows on it, I will have to get my glasses out to work on it,but I am determined to get it conquered. I saw that Tracey is doing it successfully here, so she is my motivation! I found these bags at the dollar section at target, I picked up two thinking I could use the handles for a cable bag. I priced the handles at the craft store and was suprise at how much they cost. Lastly is my newly started bead colection. I did make a name tag lanyard for work with tigers eye and mixed brown and crystal beads. It is at work, and really pretty. I love it but I am afrad I am going to get it caught on my desk. Oh, I also made a really cute anklet with blue,silver,stars and moon beads. AND, I lost it! HMM, I guess I didn't have the clasp on right. There is a lot to learn! Well, gotta go for now, take care and happy crafting!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:08 AM, Blogger american girl in italy said…

    cute! Don't you just love making baby things! Did you make those purses too on the loom? The yarn looks hard...? it look s cool.

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Carla said…

    Oh, the purses, I bought those for the handles only, they seem to be made of some kind of burlap. i was going to cut the handles off and use those with my own creations. Babies, I guess I am just surrounded by them. I do like making things for them , they are so quick and I thrive on instant gratification!

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Kansas A. said…

    Great idea with the purse handles, I never thought about doing that, I guess you could even check out second hand stores and do the same thing...can I post this idea at my blog?
    Love the baby items, I like how they work up so quick and you're off on the next project :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home