Carla's Life~Random Thoughts~Crafting

My adventures in knitting looms, knitting with needles,crafting and the sanity of single parenting and raising my boys!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July!

Yippee, Happy fourth of July everyone! I was woke up this morning by Kel again! That child you have to love him, but I told him specifically last night. "Kel, honey, don't wake mommy up in the morning, I want to sleep in." So, the next thing you know it is 8 am and he is tugging on me to wake up because he wants cereal! Err, another day no sleeping in! Tonight we are heading into town for a BBQ and fireworks at my ex-sis-in-laws. I have been thinking about that a lot lately and thought should I be referring to her as that or how about just a friend? She is one of my closest friends and the divorce didn't change any of that. I know if confuses some people because they know I am divorced and they are like"huh, in laws, huh?" Oh well, we have spent the past few nights setting off fireworks, what can I say I have three pyromaniac boys! It started Saturday night when we had some friends over for a kiddy pool party, dinner and homemade ice cream. Also, had grown up beverages for me and my friend. Her husband was out of town so we drank, visited and had a blast. Did I mention we waxed my legs? We were looking pretty dorky in the kitchen and had a waxy mess but it came out pretty nice. Don't get the wrong idea, it was only from me knees down! Next time I think I will go and have it done professionally and leave the drinks at home! I also found my camcorder, I thought the X had it. Anyways, there was a tape in it and so the boys and I watched it. It as so cute, we had recorded Q's first steps and C's state baseball game. I also managed to find two other tapes of when we first moved to PDX, Q's birth and K's first steps. Things were so much different then, it made me somewhat lonely, but I will not feel sorry for myself! You can't be lonely when you have full life with kids, friends, work and hobbies! X called last night too to talk to the kids and I asked him to see if he could find any more tapes,because I know he has some. He goes on to tell me that he didn't' forget my birthday, and that he called but no one was home. I said"Hmm, that is why you called huh, well, thank you." I mean WTF, what else do I say! Well, I am going to go out and start the sprinkler on the yard here, it has been so hot! AND, I am off to search for some patterns on the net. I thought I had bookmarked the pages,but I can't seem to find them. I am looking for some patterns of dishcloths with patterns on them. They were lots of them with a heart, or a boat or things like that. Any ideas girls, I would be ever so grateful for a link to them!
TTFN
C

3 Comments:

  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Isela: Purling Sprite said…

    I dunno, I would suggest getting a couple of drinks before waxing the entire leg...you may need it to lessen the pain :).

    Enjoy the 4th of July Celebrations!

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Teri said…

    Hi Carla, Here is a link to a website that has knitted dishcloth patterns that could be converted to the loom... http://www.knittingknonsense.com/index2.html I see that you are from the Pacific NW, and I am too! I live down by Roseburg.

    Good luck with the leg waxing....if it were me I would need a shot of tequilla..LOL

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Carla said…

    Thanks Teri

     

Post a Comment

<< Home